Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Sports Ball Cupcakes

These cupcakes where a fun way to kick off the year, especially considering some are footballs!

A friend asked if I could make some sports themed cupcakes for her nephews 5th birthday, given the standard shape of cupcakes and the fact most sports are played with a round ball the idea was a natural progression.

I know footballs aren't round but I think they work anyway, but its the basketball cupcakes that I think are my favourites.
The cupcakes were made with my favourite chocolate cupcake recipe and frosted with chocolate buttercream, then covered in fondant to transform them into baseballs, footballs, soccer balls  basketballs, tennis balls and cricket balls.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! These cupcakes are great! My sports loving husband would love these - especially the basketball ones. I'm pinning these to my "Gifts for Daddy" board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh these are SO cute! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bumper ballsHos RunBallz.dk er du sikret en omgang bumperballs ud over det sædvanlige! Vi laver event i Jylland, Fyn og Sjælland. Book bumper ball allerede idag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prøv bumper ball fodbold med de gennemsigtige bolde og nyd en underholdende dag. Book bumper balls allerede i dag. Book dit bumper ball event på RunBallz.dk

    For More Information Visit Here -- Bumper ball

    ReplyDelete